[pct-l] Apache Fire Called in by PCT Hikers (with photos)

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Wed Apr 30 17:53:27 CDT 2008

Unfortunately I agree.  I was very surprising to see the numeous smokers on the trail in 2006.  And while at KO, I saw numerous folks lighting up.

Your observations Donna that it appeared small enough to put out does seem accurate, but it is difficult to access the situation with just this single picture.  The comments and hysteria noted in the journal entry would seem to indicate it was a bit more extensive than what is shown in this picture.

Let's hope they get this one under control soon as this is a beautiful section of trail and the herd is quickly approaching!

From: "Donna Saufley" <dsaufley at sprynet.com>