[pct-l] Soap?

Ellen Shopes igellen at comcast.net
Tue Apr 22 21:21:25 CDT 2008

I carry a sliver of one of the harder soaps, but rarely (never) use it.  I
save it for cleaning wounds, and other important necessities.  I have never
liked the idea of introducing soap into water systems.  As a desert person,
I treat water like it's best saved for drinking.  I clean up daily when I
hike, but usually use just a bit of water on a bandana to wipe down with.
Some native Americans believed in air/steam baths; in the dry air of the
desert, I take air baths when I can.