[pct-l] BRIAN ROBINSON

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Tue Apr 22 05:32:08 CDT 2008

Brian amazes me.
He has now won not only the ''Crown Jewel'' of backpacking by completing
the ''Triple Crown'' in one calender year, but also the ''Crown Jewel''
of endurance running by winning the Barkley 100 in the record time of
55 hrs, 42minutes.
The steepness of the Barkley just blows me away......at 52,900 ft
elevation gain over 100 miles it is more than twice as steep as the JMT
with its 10 passes over 212 miles......Brutal!!!
No wonder only 7 have crossed the finish line since its inception in 1986.
Brian will not be with us at the KO.....he will be competing in the Big
Sure Marathon....let's root for him.

BTW....I heard rumors  Switchback is in serious training to make a run
at the Barkley 100 record.

For the latest updated info on Brian's competition in the Barkley the
last 3 years go to
                             http://flyingbrianrobinson.blogspot.com

JMT Reinhold