[pct-l] Water & Trail Report Big Bear Area

Bill Batchelor billbatch at cox.net
Mon Apr 21 22:51:01 CDT 2008

Sense of entitlement?  I have read interesting opinions about water in this
thread, but have read no one with a "sense of entitlement".  If I missed it,
a quoted post would be useful.  I did a quick perusal and could not find
anyone that said they deserved water.  I just think people have different
opinions - SHOCKING!  Does not make one side the devil, even if the AM talk
radio approach to "dialog" is deployed.   A real purist may decide not to
even use water from a piped spring - aka Barrel Springs or Cedar Springs
(San Jacinto).   That is not everyone's gig.  Everyone has their goals and
how they want to approach it.  It's all good.   If I want to hang out at
Doble with a couple gallons and offer it up - you can decide to shoot me,
accept and drink up, or not.  I promise not to judge you and tell you how to
do your hike  (unless of course you opt to shoot me - then I might mutter a
deterrent).  Just opinions and approaches - no sins - just opinions and
approaches.

I just reported the water condition after all.   Love the dialog it created.
Now remember, in the end I secretly expect each of you to hike my style.
After all, it is the best approach.

Gumby - aka Hiking God