[pct-l] giving back to the PCT: Section E

dave fleischman owldave at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 20 09:29:11 CDT 2008

Since Section E has been mentioned quite a bit I want to let people know of the efforts that have been going on to make it a more enjoyable hiking experience. I am the section chief ( volunteer) and have had the pleasure of working with some amazing people who share the same vision of a trail that is open and hikable from Mexico to Canada. We know that the bulk of the people using the trail here are thru-hikers. This section has had its share of fires and subsequent erosion but there are many dedicated, generous people who donate their time and spend money on gas to travel long distances to the projects. As you hike over Liebre Mountain there have been brushing projects, downed tree removal,  tread repair and major culverts installed. All at the hands of these tireless volunteers. We have been working up in Tylerhorse Canyon to try and reestablish the route through there due to fire damaged erosion. Throughout the 750 miles of PCT in Southern California people have been working to make the hiking experience one that you will enjoy.