[pct-l] hikers behaving badly

Postholer public at postholer.com
Fri Apr 18 16:56:52 CDT 2008

Taking responsibility for our own.

Strolling down the trail throwing excess food/weight, unwrapped food even,
along the trail is just bad behavior. Period. This person highlighted this
behaviour in their own journal. That is not speculation, nor does it require
2 sides of the story. This behaviour is impirically bad.

Praising or condemning this persons behavior publicly (without their
identity) is a *GOOD* thing. It helps define boundaries for us all. We all
learn from it.

Is it not our responsibility to keep our own in check? Being the enabler,
making excuses and justifications for this persons behavior contributes
nothing. Make a judgement, take a side, get off the fence, contribute.

Oh, this person did thru-hike the entire AT, so long distance hiking should
not be a total surprise. Yes, yes, AT/PCT, apples and oranges, I got it.

-postholer