[pct-l] Hikertown Guests of 2008

Barry Teschlog tokencivilian at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 16:39:43 CDT 2008

I suggest this thread should cease immediately.

  If anyone has a problem with the reported behavior, take it up with the individual in question in private.  Don't slam them, behind their backs and without a chance for them to defend themselves, here in a public forum.

  Quite frankly, I find it a little distasteful for the hikertown blog to post information that makes it so easy to identify the individual.  The post could have been a lot more discrete on identifying information and still made the point they were trying to make.

  I'll observe that unless commenter's here on the PCT-L were actual witnesses to the incident(s) in question, you don't know the whole story.  As such, I suggest that commenting or judging in ignorance of all the facts is uncalled for.

  I make these comments as I saw the effect of a similar 'behind the back PCT-L slam fest' of one of my fellow '06 hikers (who, BTW, is one of the nicest folks I've ever met - who would have done just about anything to help out a fellow hiker).  The person in question was hurt deeply by people on this list who never saw the incident in question, didn't know jack about what actually happened, and yet felt qualified to spray vitriol at them in public and behind their back.

  Come on folks.......

  My 2 cents for civility.

  Token Civilian