[pct-l] Plastic Bags

Kathi pogo at zamika.com
Thu Apr 17 15:54:49 CDT 2008

Hello All,
So all this discussion of plastic bottles is making me wonder about
pouring boiling water in plastic bags ... ziplock like described in
"Lipsmackin' Backpackin'" or maybe even vacuum sealer foodsaver bags. I
am already in planning for my 2010 trip... can't plan too soon you know!
This was something that seemed a good way of not impacting the
environment by washing dishes and you generally repack in plastic bags
anyway.

Anyone have information on the toxic portion of this as well as any
experience with the practicality of it?

Thanks in advance!
Kathi