[pct-l] Hikertown guests of 2008

Andrea Dinsmore zaqueltooocool at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 15:14:00 CDT 2008

OUCH..........I know where you're coming from. A couple years ago we had
more than our fair share of rude, demanding, self righteous, dishonest
hikers. We almost closed our doors to future hikers. After I got over being
pissed off at the few, I had to remind myself that it's not the over all
norm for the majority of hikers. It's a shame that there's a few each season
who thing their &hit don't stink. What would Wheeeeew have done if you
weren't home when she came by. I still think there should be a class at KO
that let's the hikers understand that there's a respectable way to treat
those you deal with on the trail. The Trail Angels and businesses that the
hikers interact with don't have to be here for you. The Trail Angels can
close their doors and the businesses can not accept your resupply boxes and
the motels don't have to deal with you. Just because you *CHOOSE* to hike
the PCT doesn't mean you are any better than anyone else. Don't burn the
bridges for future hikers by being rude and disrespectful. And if anyone
doesn't like my attitude........go stay at the motel when you get to
Skykomish.

And for you hikers who are going to going to "do their own thing" anyway,
the grapevine works faster than you can hike.

PCT MOM
Skykomish Trail Angel