[pct-l] Section C conditions question

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Tue Apr 15 21:43:02 CDT 2008

We would like to do trail work on Section C from Splinters trailhead to
Mojave Forks Dam a.s.a.p.  Has anyone hiked this 16 mile segment recently?
We need to know if there are any major tread conditions that would
prevent llamas from getting through.  Since this is all steep sidecut
trail, it is prone to severe tread problems (washouts, landslides,
boulders, etc)
We have just two days and would hate to get most of the way down and
then have to turn back because the llamas couldn't get through.
We will be taking a chain saw to remove any log obstacles, so we aren't
concerned about those.  But does anyone have any information about the
condition of the tread?
Marion