[pct-l] miles per day

Pea Hicks phix at optigan.com
Tue Apr 15 20:22:06 CDT 2008

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes wrote:
> Well, I assume I'll be flexible in regards to the conditions of the
> trail, but if I went 20-25 miles a day I'm afraid I'd be done way too
> quickly. I don't want to go back to work! I want to stretch it out as
> long as I can. And I'm not going to Canada because I don't like the
> rainy stuff.
>
> Diane

well, the bottom line is this: regardless what you *plan* to do in the
abstract world of pre-hike theorizing, once you get on the trail, you'll
  end up doing what feels best. you may find that 20-25 mile days work
for you, and you end up extending your trip by taking more zero days
either in town or on the trail. if you've never done a long-distance
hike like this, it's hard to guess for certain what's going to work for
you. you just have to go and find out!

girlscout