[pct-l] Fwd: change o plans

Joel Ramey joel.ramey at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 15:20:03 CDT 2008

OK, so my original plans to hike the trail for 3 months have changed.
 Right now it looks like I've pretty much got the month of June. I was
 wondering what would be good starting and ending points. I need to
 make sure that I can get out by July 10th, but I'd still love to see
 the Sierra's and climb Whitney.

 My thought, would it be better to start above the Sierras and go SOBO
 and maybe bail at Whitney? If I do that, will I just be in a cloud of
 blood sucking insects (for longer than anticipated). Will the snow
 pack allow me to do this route, or should I start somewhere, say north
 of Bear City, and head north, maybe bail somewhere near Yosemite?

 Any and all thoughts appreciated

 -Taildragger