[pct-l] Help with trekking poles

Eric Lee (GAMES) elee at microsoft.com
Sat Apr 12 15:24:21 CDT 2008

Kim wrote:

Help! I just mailed out all my gear and first weeks food down to San Diego. When i got home i relized that i forgot to include my trekking poles! Does anyone know if i can carry them on my flight? I wont be checking any luggage. I might just have to send them seperatly on Monday. Any info would help

You definitely won't be able to carry them on the plane.  You'll have to either check them or mail them.  If you check them on the plane, one good way to do protect them is to buy a length of 4 inch (I think?) drain pipe and two end caps from a home supply store.  That'll keep them safe from the ravages of the baggage handlers.

Eric