[pct-l] ATMs and Banks

Rachel Sedman rachelsedman at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 10:58:13 CDT 2008

Hi All,

My husband and I are coming over from the UK this summer to hike and I have
a question regarding access to cash.
Its been interesting reading the list, and thanks for all the useful info
and tips I've been picking up.

We'll have a Visa credit card and was planning on getting cash out at
re-supply points.
I'm thinking anywhere we stay for the night would take cards, but what about
shops/resort where we might just buy food, or post offices?
 Can anyone suggest how much of our expenditure might we be able to put on
credit card?

For cash, do most of the towns have ATMs? (sorry if that is a really stupid
question, but we have absolutely no idea what to expect!)
Or might it be better to carry Travellers Cheques and change them at banks?

Would be grateful if anyone would like to advise.

Many thanks

Rachel
(no trail name ... yet)