[pct-l] Wrightwood and Holcombe creek questions

Donna Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Thu Apr 10 15:35:41 CDT 2008

Actually, because of the trail head access at Vincent Gap (up to Baden
Powell) and Grassy Hollow, it still gets a fair amount of traffic, though no
where near as much as it did when the highway was open.  Same is true for
the closure on the other end by Little Jimmy. We did lots of practice hikes
up there, both sides, and there was an amazing amount of traffic on an
otherwise closed road.

I think the way to look at it is as trailhead parking, rather than a
highway.  Therefore there will be more users on weekends, and fewer chances
on weekdays.

L-Rod