[pct-l] Contemplating a change in journal site

Bill Batchelor billbatch at cox.net
Tue Apr 8 19:40:52 CDT 2008

Hey Brian,

I too paln to move my journal to Postholer.  Along with the features
available, the traffic appears to be reaching some level of critical mass.
I think most trail journal readers are in the habit now of checking both
sites.   I may even post  into TJ on occasion with as a reference that
updates are over at Postholer.

On TJ, I did embed video into my journals as mentioned.  And the inability
to do so at Postholer is the only thing holding me back from a 100%
commitment to the transition.  I can embed "links" to my videos within
Postholer just not the playing of the video itself right in the journal.  I
think I am going to do that until Scott (who runs Postholer) opens the
embedded video option.  He said he plans to allow it, but has things to work
out before he does.  Maybe, just MAYBE if I am lucky - he will get to it
this month before the hiking season gets too far along.  He knows I have
been lobbying . . . Right Scott?

Unfortunately for me and my schedule, I can only trek about 250 trail miles
this Spring.  I plan to be on the trail with the gaggle of hikers from Big
Bear to Agua Dulce.  Hope to see you all out there.

Pink Gumby