[pct-l] Walker Pass water status update

Travis Beals trbeals at berkeley.edu
Mon Apr 7 11:55:52 CDT 2008

I contacted the BLM to find out about the status of the Walker Pass
Campground water. Sounds like it's not operational yet, but there is
hope it will be by the time hikers arrive in June. Here's their
response:

> The water system at Walker Pass Campground is currently not
> operational due
> to electrical concerns.  We are hoping to get somebody up there to
> troubleshoot and possibly repair the system later this month.  I do
> not
> have an estimate as to when we will have the system operational once
> again.
> I do know that hikers often "stockpile" water near the trailhead for
> when
> they are passing through that segment of the trail.  That is
> certainly an
> option for you.
>
> I suggest you contact me a few weeks prior to your departure for an
> update
> on the water situation.

If it's not fixed, there's always the spring/water trough nearby.
Anyone have recent information on whether it is flowing?