[pct-l] Water Caches - Mason Valley Truck Trail

fdumville at earthlink.net fdumville at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 6 21:00:14 CDT 2008

Joe,

There is a gate and private property at the top but you can get to the
Mason Valley Truck Trail tank via Chariot Canyon from Banner. The road is
in pretty good shape so you would have no problem getting there by 4x4.

I would agree with the other comments that it may not be an appropriate
spot to leave a public cache because of the litter and close proximity to
the Sunrise Trailhead.

Snap,
fdumville at earthlink.net

> From: Joe McDougall <long4trails at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [pct-l] Water Caches - Mason Valley Truck Trail
>
> Does anyone know if I can get a stock 4x4 truck up the Mason Valley Truck
Trail to the PCT to cache water?  Are there gates, or is it wide open?  Do
you recommend any other location at or near the 63 mile mark?