[pct-l] Signs for hitchhiking

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Sun Apr 6 15:53:35 CDT 2008

On Apr 5, 2008, at 10:19 PM, Jim Keener wrote:
> Gottago, Yogi, and Cupcake provide hikers with bandanas with "Hiker to
> Town" and "Hiker to Trail" printed on them. Free to thru and section
> hikers.

I've used these bandanas and have had a couple of rides tell
me it was very hard to read them.  They are just a bit too
small.  Lots of folks have used the 'back-of-the-tyvek' method
and I think it works a bit better since the text is often
larger.

I think there is anecdotal evidence that listing your
destination when going to town helps rather than just 'town'.

Radar