[pct-l] Map holder system

Paul Cronshaw beemancron at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 6 08:55:30 CDT 2008

I need to improve on my map/reference holding system.

On my Sect A hike last week, I used copies of Halfmile's colored maps (http://www.pctmap.net/) printed on back to back papers.
I found Halfmile's colored maps with his blue "halfmile" coordinates easier to read than copies from the Wilderness Press book.

I folded the maps up and put them in my pant or shirt pockets. Between fiddling with a camera and other accessories, I managed to loose
two of the sheets.  I found one by retracing my steps.  I don't want to be responsible for more trail trash; heavens there is enough trash on the trail
to fill a number of trash bags.

I am interested in hearing ideas of how to carry maps and other references to prevent loss.

Beeman