[pct-l] Buying fuel on the PCT

Scott Bryce sbryce at scottbryce.com
Sat Apr 5 11:29:37 CDT 2008

JOHNNY J FARBER wrote:
> Does anybody know if you can buy alcohol (for fuel) at Kennedy
> Meadows General Store?

According to Yogi, possibly.

> Also this is my first time to use an alcohol stove, so is denatured
> alcohol available most places on the trail?

Again, according to Yogi, alcohol is available at many places along the
trail, but not at all places.

I would suggest getting Yogi's book, if there is still time before your
departure, or ask here about specific places. You will want to know so
you can plan how much alcohol to carry with you out of your resupply stops.