[pct-l] Knee Injuries

Jim Keener lists at oldmanwalking.net
Tue Apr 1 21:53:02 CDT 2008

Greetings,

I'm looking for experience. Not theories or opinions, please.

I fell and injured my left knee about three weeks ago. Got up and went
for a hike. The pain from the injury diminished over four or five
days. About a week ago, I started uphill on a hike and felt pain in
the same knee. Fairly sharp. Continued hiking and felt the pain off
and on throughout the hike. This concerned me a lot. I began a RICE
regimen (Rest, Ibuprofen, Cold, Elevation). It relieved the pain. I
continued this for a week, and went to see my doctor at the VA
yesterday. She has requested an MRI and subsequent orthopedist visit
for me. Not yet scheduled, though. After going to see the doctor, I
carried a small bag of groceries and began to feel some moderate pain
again. I am going to visit with a physical therapist tomorrow.

My question: if you have had similar symptoms, what did you do, and
what was the outcome.

I want to hike. Soon.

Thanks,
Jim Keener ( J J )