[pct-l] the great campshoe debate

joel01 at ekit.com joel01 at ekit.com
Tue Apr 1 19:55:42 CDT 2008

What is this "camp" at night thing everyone is talking about?

I only carry the one pair of trail shoes and no other footwear.
However, a fairly large percentage of 2007 thru-hikers were toting
their Crocs or whatever other secondary footwear throughout the entire
trips.

Oh, and an empty Powerade/Gatorade bottle makes a great lightweight,
disposable (in town) pee-holder. Forget general getting up at night
needs, when it's pouring down rain at night this is a wonderful thing
to have available. Though I first learned this method from extended
sea kayak trips; kind of hard to do it over the side without flipping
the boat.

Joel (aka Vlad the Impaler)