[pct-l] the great campshoe debate

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Tue Apr 1 16:44:06 CDT 2008

IMO, if you are a trail pirate and spend lots of time in camp doing your
toenails in a mesh tent while wearing silk underwear and drinking
kool-aid, trail shoes might be important. For many other hikers, there is
not much time actually spent in camp other than sleeping. However,
something comfortable to wear in town might be the real question. I agree
that trail shoes are light enough to do double duty, hoping they don't
stink too bad. I do remember when I had 8-pound leather boots I would
carry a pair of Keds sneakers tied to my pack frame to wear in camp. Now
my trail shoes weigh less than those Keds.

AsABat