[pct-l] crocs are heavy....

Patrick Beggan meta474 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 13:11:26 CDT 2008

Why is everyone fixated on having ankle protection for camp shoes? I
understand the need for an ankle strap/ankle protection on regular
footwear but if it's just a camp shoe, or a shoe for around town, flip-
flop sandals seem like the best choice.

I wear Nike foam sandals, much like these: http://www.amazon.com/Alkii-Dunes-Mens-Casual-Flip/dp/B000SIMCL4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1207073375&sr=1-4

I used them on my section of the CDT and they functioned well. But I
don't know, maybe it's just me and my friends who are comfortable in
these sandals on rough terrain, we all grew up wearing them every day.
Seems to me, though, that they would work fine for anyone.