[pct-l] Important.....BEARVAULT Canister Swap Program

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sat Sep 22 13:43:04 CDT 2007

Hi Gang,
I don't know if this info. has been posted before or if my message is
getting through
due to computer problems I am experiencing again, but here it is.

Due to numerous failures of  ''BEARVAULT''  canisters in the Rae Lakes area,
models
prior to  ''BV350  &  BV400''  are no longer approved in the Rae Lakes
drainage basin
in Kings Canyon National Park.
They are still approved outside the Rae Lakes area, but that could change if
more failures
are reported and you might want to take advantage of the ''Canister Swap
Program''
while it lasts.
If you are going to hike in the Rae Lakes drainage, or apply for a permit,
you can exchange
your old BEARVAULT for a brand new BV350  or  BV400 at the Rangers office,
at no cost,
when you obtain your permit.
Remember, walk in reservations are free so it would cost you nothing......my
buddy just got
his, absolutely free.....so can you.
The  ''BV350  &  BV400'' can be identified by the large red decal on the
lid.

I may or may not be able to access the PCT-L so I may not know if this post
got posted or if there are any replies, so if you do not hear from me again
it has been nice knowing all of you and may
the call of the wild and the spirit to be free live within you forever.

JMT Reinhold