[pct-l] Physiological factors affecting hiking speed

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Sat Sep 15 23:43:52 CDT 2007

All I know, and this is just my personal hypothesis, is that the more
red blood cells, the better. For instance, many athletes train at high
altitude so they will build up their red blood cell count before the
events which are usually held at lower altitudes.  As for me, I decided
against donating blood a couple of days before I left for my backpack,
figured I needed all the blood I had.

Two weeks later I was back and made my donation.

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>