[pct-l] Being clean on the trail... (2).htm

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sat Sep 15 17:38:34 CDT 2007

I can't help but chuckle when I read individuals lecturing how to avoid
giardia
through good sanitation and cleanliness, yet wash their butts daily and the
hands
that wipe the butts in the very water hikers drink.
That may be good giardia protection for them, but does nothing to protect
the down
stream hiker, who does not purify his water,from giardia......one good
reason why I
 purify my water.

Thank you Jeff for bringing this to our attention and heighten our
awareness.

Say Jeff, could you describe that Jezebel with all the make up, so if I ever
meet her
on the trail I can recognize her and offer her a Snicker Bar.

JMT Reinhold
The believer