[pct-l] Catra's PCT experience turns me into a true believer

Freiman, Paul pfreiman at ucsd.edu
Fri Sep 14 22:20:53 CDT 2007

The word "giardia" is thrown around too much.  Is this confirmed, or is it campylobacter (which I got when I was close to Sisters)?
Capt Bivy

From: "Brick Robbins" <brick at fastpack.com>
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Catra's PCT experience turns me into a true
        believer
To: "Reinhold Metzger" <reinholdmetzger at cox.net>
Cc: PCT-L <pct-l at backcountry.net>

Are you sure she got it from the water? Not from touching another
asymptomatic hiker who was using "trail hygiene" - ie non existent?

Roughly one in 20 Americans are already infected before they start. (
between 4-7%)

So . Pretty good odds of contact. Remove hand washing...... and......
you get the picture

-Brick