[pct-l] Bottle makes dirty water drinkable.htm

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Fri Sep 14 03:25:32 CDT 2007

[pct-l] Bottle makes dirty water drinkableThat is right Switchback &
Tortoise,
The flow might be so slow you guys may have to suck on it like a baby on a
milk bottle.

_Tortoise73 at charter.net_ (mailto:Tortoise73 at charter.net)  writes:
"The  way
fresh water is supplied to disaster-hit regions could be revolutionized
after
an Ipswich-based businessman invented a £190 bottle that makes
foul-smelling
water drinkable in seconds."  It is a little pricey ... $386  plus shipping,
handling, import fees and taxes. But a hiker would probably never  have to
worry about pure drinking water again.  _Bottle  makes dirty water
drinkable_
(http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=3R3S1NAZ1X2NVQFIQMFCF
FWAVCB
QYIV0?xml=/news/2007/09/12/nwater112.xml)
Switchback replies: I would think if this is really true, the price would
come way down as production heats up.  That would be cool.

One thing that I would be interested in is how the water flow is as you  use
the bottle/filter over time.  Most of these bottle/filters work great  in
the
beginning, but as they filter contaminates, they slow up a  lot.

Thanks for the interesting info.

Switchback the ALDHA-West Gathering Stealthier