[pct-l] Empty Water Caches All Over So Cal. & trash

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Sat Sep 8 14:02:51 CDT 2007

I've never carried out as much at one time, but I've often picked up
trash from BPer's fire ashes and hauled it on out.

About 1973 we were doing the Rae Lacks Loop and on our last nite (upper
Woods Creek (?)) we came across a packers camp with manure all around
and lots of trash including some discarded paper feed bags. We burned
what we could then carried out as much of the rest as we could.

On another trip a friend and I put out our own water caches on the PCT.
We crushed and carried the jugs from the first nite until we met some
day hikers who agreed to carry out the empties. We carried out the
second set of bottles.

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>