[pct-l] RECORD SECTION HIKES

Carl Siechert carlito at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 23:34:02 CDT 2007

I don't have a horse in this race, so I'm not taking sides -- just asking a
question...

Folks who think it's nobody's damned business when and where they hike don't
(or shouldn't) sign trail registers, right? Doesn't the very act of signing
a register indicate that you want people to know you were there? Nobody is
required to sign a register, and I hope they never are, whether the
requirement is imposed (and the information retained) by the PCTA, USFS, or
Homeland Security.

I'm also puzzled by Jon's comment about "actors in someone's 'reality
show.'" I've never thought of this forum and its members in those terms.
Don't people read and post on PCT-L because they're interested in what
others are doing on the PCT? I honestly don't mean this to sound as snarky
as I'm sure it will, but, conversely, shouldn't those who do not want to be
"actors in someone's 'reality show'" decline to read and post?

Cheers,
Carl