[pct-l] Southern Terminus / Business Solicitations

Jim Keener jj at oldmanwalking.net
Wed Oct 31 17:05:53 CDT 2007

Dear Andrea and others,

Please reconsider before approaching businesses for donations. The
PCTA does that very well, and it occurred to me that it might dilute
the message if solicitations were to come from more than one group or
for more than one purpose. I could be wrong about this, and if so, I
will back away very quietly.

If someone well known in our community were to volunteer to collect
and disburse funds from hikers for the southern terminus work, I
would send a pittance. There are email lists, similar to the PCT-L
for several of the hiker groups from a given year.

Best,
Jim Keener ( J J )