[pct-l] Hiker Websites

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Oct 31 09:53:25 CDT 2007

Once again your pal, Switchback, comes through for you.  These are some of the many hiker websites I find useful.

• Light Weight Gear = GossamerGear.com
• Light Weight Gear = BackpackingLight.com
• Light Weight Shelters and Packs = SixMoonDesigns.com
• Ultra Light Weight Gear = MountainLaurelDesigns.com
• Down Gear = NunatakUsa.com
• Backpacking Gear = Thru-Hiker.com
• External Frame Pack and Gear = LuxuryLite.com
• Camping and Outdoor Gear = REI.com
• Backpacking Gear = Vargooutdoors.com
• Backpacking Gear = MoonTrail.com (great pictures)
• Silk Gear = WinterSilks.com
• Down Gear = Westernmountaineering.com
• Anti Radiation Gear = SunPrecautions.com
• Sandals = Biteshoes.com/outdoor/styles/3702a.htm
• Footwear = Swissmasaius.com/Default.aspx?lang=en-US
• Light Weight Shelters = TarpTent.com
• Light Weight Gear = Lwgear.com
• Light Weight Packs and Gear = Ula-equipment.com
• Water containers = platypushydration.com
• Light Weight Gear = GoLite.com
• Light Weight Gear = PeekGeek.com

By the way, my foot doctor took out a splinter from my left foot with a scalpel, so now I can walk again.  It was really fun when he then squeezed the pus out of the wound.  I would have been laughing, except for all the crying.  But I am now planning on a double-one season PCT Yo-Yo hike.  A historic first.

Also, I know all hard core backpackers use BagBalm (Wal-Mart pet section) for their feet.  The doctor told me not to use it between your toes.  It can cause too much moisture build up.  Otherwise, it is fine.

May the Forest be with You.

Switchback the Yo-Yo