[pct-l] Fwd: Re: Silk against your skin...........

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Tue Oct 30 20:05:51 CDT 2007

Mine are the Termasilk brand. As for durability, they are thin, but I
don't worry about it much. I figure my toe nails need to be short anyway
to avoid black toe nails while hiking (and I have socks on anyway), so
they can't snag that way, and I'm not bushwacking in just my long johns.
I've only used them a short time, but I'm not worried about runs.

AsABat

g l wrote:

Thanks AsABat.....if you're able to find out the brand, I'd appreciate
it.  (Any tags on them?)   Any idea if they're 100%silk or a blend?
Yeah, I just need them to sleep in.  Now that everyone has me thinking
light or UL, I decided to replace my 15 year old Patagonia Expedition
Weight long johns.......never thought of their weight until last week
when I carried them in Oregon.  They have served me well but too
heavy!!!!  By the way, are the silk ones durable?  Not sure how strong
silk is, hence my leaning toward a blend.

Wheeew

AsABat <AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net> wrote:
I use silk long johns (not sure of the brand). They are almost as sheer
as
pantyhose. Warmer than nothing, IMO warm enough for 3 seasons in the
Sierra. Very light, and they don't smell funky like polypro does after a
few days. I use them mostly for sleeping to keep my sleeping bag clean,
and be a little less cold if I have to get up in the middle of the
night.

AsABat