[pct-l] FW: Nikon D40X

Bastian Schlagowsky bastian.schlagowsky at web.de
Fri Oct 26 08:52:35 CDT 2007

Hi,

I strongly recommend to think about your camera choice again. I hiked more than 2400 miles on the PCT this year and I started out with some heavy gear and I changed nearly everything along the trail. I thaught about carrying a SLR too, but finally chose the Canon G7. That is a very good camera with an aperture you can close to 8.0. I carried it in a LowePro-bag on my hipbelt and that worked out great. Unless you carry very good lenses and your 18-200 doesn't sound like that you will be able to make picture of the same quality. At least you will make a lot more pictures with a camera like that. I made a couple of thousand pictures....

Best wishes from Berlin, Germany,

Bastian "Free Refill" Schlagowsky