[pct-l] Apology to g l

O.d. Coyote odcoyote at molalla.net
Mon Oct 22 22:45:26 CDT 2007

I have been informed that I owe g l an apology for putting her private flame
letter to me on the board.  I don't ordinarily participate on these boards,
and am not as familiar with etiquette protocol as I should be.  My apologies
to g l and anyone else offended.

I would note, however, that the topic of this thread is people using PCT-L
to spread gossip, make fun of, and otherwise treat people abusively behind
their back, which is what happened to me.  That's why I've joined PCT-L and
started this thread; to talk to some of those people - directly, and in
front of everyone.  I'm not personally angered by this episode, but saddened
by distance hiker community behavior.

The weird thing is, receiving a flame-letter like that, which she wouldn't
send to the board, is using PCT-L to continue to abuse people, only this
time behind PCT-L's back, when I've finally presented myself on the PCT-L
for people to confront in plain sight of everyone.

Due to the intricate linking of this topic's thread and receiving private
flame-letters by people who know my email address from PCT-L, let me
publicly announce now that any more personal flame letters I receive will be
subject to public posting on PCT-L.

O.d.