[pct-l] buying shoes along the trail

Roger Carpenter rogercarpenter at comcast.net
Sat Oct 20 23:25:58 CDT 2007

Here is my plug for Road Runner Sports, www.roadrunnersports.com.  I used
them in 1996 on my thru hike and still order from them occasionally.  They
got all my orders right and delivered on time.  Once I ordered in Burney
Falls for delivery to Castella in just 3 days, and they arrived by the time
I hiked into Castella.

Two important things to do when ordering along the trail:
1.  Be sure to specify the appropriate shipper so they don't try to have UPS
deliver to a post office.
2.  Your feet will swell along a long hike, so pay attention to that and
order a size larger as you pile on the miles.  I started with 11.5 B
(narrow) in 1996 and finished the thru hike with 13 normal width!

Roger Carpenter