[pct-l] a regime change for Salmon Row Pub, Cascade Locks

David Plotnikoff david at emeraldlake.com
Mon Oct 15 13:36:04 CDT 2007

Hello from a longtime list lurker. I received e-mail out of the blue
today from the new owners of the much-beloved Salmon Row Pub in
Cascade Locks. This is all very good news:

The husband-and-wife team of Jeff and Connie Ganz purchased the pub
four months ago and have renamed it the Pacific Crest Pub & Hostel.
They've been working closely with the PCTA regional office to
coordinate events at the Pub and promote the trail.

On my "Best of the Crest" guide page for Cascade Locks, I'd recalled
the days of Suzie's Suds Shack (a long-gone incarnation of the pub,
where cheap rooms were available for rent above the bar). Now, Connie
Ganz says "We will be remodeling the pub this winter to add a hiker's
hostel and hope to have rooms open by Memorial Day weekend 2008."

It appears that they've left the excellent pub menu largely unchanged.

The new URL:  <http://www.pacificcrestpub.com>www.pacificcrestpub.com

500 Wanapa St., Cascade Locks, OR 97014 / 541-374-9310