[pct-l] Excessive Information Gathering on Hikers

Postholer public at postholer.com
Fri Oct 12 16:37:39 CDT 2007

I am nothing less than extremely grateful to those who opened their homes
and offered their assistance, whether I accepted that assistance or not.
These generous folks offered their assistance and I chose to accept it or
not. It was not forced on me, it was my CHOICE.

If someone called SAR after being 12-24 hours overdue after hiking over
2,400 miles, I would be absolutely furious, regardless of weather conditons.
I say that with the greatest possible conviction being a total wimp in the
snow.

Hike your own hike? Apparently, some folks don't want you to. Do not force
your 'genrosity' on others. It may not be wanted. Don't 'assume' that it is.

Scott Parks