[pct-l] Into The Wild

Scott Herriott yetifan at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 7 15:49:31 CDT 2007

> There is a scene in this movie where
> the main character is hiking on the
> PCT  "somewhere in northern Calif."
> Does anyone know where this was
> shot? > ____________

I saw the film and the area in the shot they show of
the actor playing McCandless walking on a log (right
after a graphic says "The Pacific Crest Trail") seemed
a bit lush for the forests around Lake Tahoe which is
where McCandless hiked on the trail.

According to the book on which the film was based,
Krakauer writes "...he hitched to Lake Tahoe, hiked
into the Sierra Nevada, and spent a week walking north
on the Pacific Crest Trail before exiting the
mountains and returning to the pavement."

Overall, I found the film to be pretty mediocre. Great
score, though, by Eddie Vedder. The book, in my
opinion, is far superior.

Squatch
www.walkpct.com