[pct-l] Oregon in September?

OMullis omullis at aircanopy.net
Sun Oct 7 10:38:00 CDT 2007

Hello all,

Planning to hike Ashland-Cascade Locks next September, largely sticking to the PCT, taking alternate routes in a few instances, as recommended in the Wilderness Press PCT-OR/WA guidebook.  I'm not a high-miler-type, I enjoy photography along the way and will likely only do as many miles/day as I must to get to Cascade Locks in time to catch my flight home.

I know things can be dramatically different from one year to the next, but was hoping nonetheless that some of you who crossed Orgeon last month (Sept 2007) could comment on your experience (weather (temps, precip), insects, on/near-trail water conditions, what re-supply points you used and which went smoothly, which were snafus, anything you got completely wrong, etc).

I am reading everything I can find on this section, both on the web and in print, but figure recent, firsthand accounts would be an excellent source of info.  Also, while I'm planning on and don't mind going solo, if any of you out there will be in the vicinity at the same time, perhaps we could arrange to hike together for some part... I often enjoy solitude, but having someone to talk to, especially if you've been thru this section before, might also be a good thing.

Hope your trips went well, and thanks in advance for any info you can share.

Ollen Mullis
Venus, TX