[pct-l] Winthrop Hikers

Holly Ayers hollyayers at comcast.net
Fri Oct 5 06:52:05 CDT 2007

Heard from my son Cache yesterday at about 2:30 PM Washington time.  He and his group (Steely Dan, Scoutmeister, Pace, Jugz, Jared and at least a few unnamed others) were in Winthrop and had a pretty uneventful  trek to Rainy pass after they left Stehekin.  He said they are hoping to take a trail that is at a lower elevation and still be able to reach Canada. I noticed Mr. D had pictures of his arrival to Manning Park, does anyone know how he got there?  Would like to send some information to my son on best trail routes (if they exist).  Thanks, Holly Ayers
PS There is a very fuzzy (sent by text message) picture of hikers yesterday at Rainy Pass on his website:  www.beardquest.com