[pct-l] Hikers and snow update.

Alex Rigney alex.rigney at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 11:47:18 CDT 2007

I've just talked with Nafta and Teatree, who finished on 10/1.  A big
group finished that day including Litsl, Out There, Mr. Pink and Miso,
Out of Order, Fester, Rocham, Grimace, Mr. Parkay and Sweep.

Nafta thinks Out There was probably the last hiker to get thru to the
border via trail late on the 1st.  Seems everyond behind them is
searches for alternate routes.  Nafta said he was with all of the
folks who ended up turning around, and that they would have finished
had they pressed on.  He reported spending a nice night in the Yurt
near Harts Pass, a chance to warm up a bit.

Talked yesterday with Cloudspotter.  She was with Big Cat, Breeze,
Breeze's dad, and a few others I believe.  They were in Winthrop,
having bailed down a side trail from around Harts Pass.  They were
planning on walking a road to Canada, near Ross Lake.  They weren't
sure where the Scout and Frodo group was, but assumed they had
probably started out on the road walk.

I've also been contacted by Pigpen, who had to bail around Snoqualmie,
as did Scubaman, D-Bone and Munchkin.

I hope all my hiker friends are safe and sound and making the right
decisions.  Congrats to all either way!

A-Train