[pct-l] End of the trail?

Home jeffreyn at sonic.net
Wed Oct 3 22:34:57 CDT 2007

Satellite views of the northern PCT (and, for that matter, CDT) sections:
http://snipurl.com/1rqmu
Yep, they got weather.

Sometimes one day can make all the difference.  A couple of relatives have
noted here how some travelers took a zero day and now can't get through,
those who pushed on were the last of the season to make it to Marker 78.
A most poignant historical example which comes to mind (of people also
trying to get to Canada) is Chief Joseph, who took a zero day in the Bear
Paws, just enough time for the army to catch him.  130 years ago this
coming Friday, in fact.

And David Hough just noted, in an off-list communique,
"The Donner party also took a nice warm zero late in October to rest the
livestock before the final push."

--
Jeffrey "57" Zimmerman
Sonoma County