[pct-l] PCTSection meeting scheduled for Thursday, October 11.

Rob Langsdorf mctrob at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 3 17:38:33 CDT 2007

Hi All,

It has been a year since we had a gathering of the PCT
Section. (A Southern California based group of mostly
section hikers. To learn more about them go to

PCTSection at yahoogroups.com

We had a great potluck and meeting last October that about
30 PCT hikers were able to attend. So we are going to have
another gathering on Thursday, October 11th at 6 pm. This
PCTSection potluck and meeting will take place in the North
Clairemont Area of San Diego. This is a chance to meet
others who are interested in hiking the PCT. Bring food to
share (potluck supper), pictures of past trips, and ideas
about PCT trips that you would like to do in the coming
year.

After dinner we will have a go-around where people can
introduce themselves and BRIEFLY tell about where they are
in the process of section hiking the PCT. This is a great
chance to see what some of the people look like that you
talk to all the time on the Internet.

We will also have a panel discussion by hikers who have
covered significant segments of the PCT to help others gain
insights into the process of section hiking the PCT. If you
have section hiked the whole trail or several hundred miles
of it and would like to share your insights, please let me
know you can participate in this.

This event will be held at the Clairemont Community Service
Center, 4731 Clairemont Drive, 92117 (east at Lakehurst
Ave). (Thomas Guide: 1248-E1) Or go to Google Maps, click
on “Get Directions.” Enter your address in the 1st box and
“4731 Clairemont Drive, 92117” into the 2nd one and then
click get directions again, you will get directions and a
map to show you how to get to the Lakehurst stop light.
>From the stoplight turn towards the shopping center and
find a parking space. The Community Service Center is the
first building on the right of the driveway from Clairmont
Drive and the first room you come to from the stoplight is
where we will meet.

Driving directions: Take your favorite freeway to Highway
52. From I-5 go EAST; from I-805, Hwy 163 or I-15 go west –
to Genesee Ave. Take Genesee south to Clairemont Mesa Blvd.
(2nd light south of the canyon). Turn RIGHT on Clairemont
Mesa Blvd and go to the next light. This is Clairemont
Drive. Turn RIGHT again and follow Clairemont Drive to the
Lakehurst stoplight. Turn LEFT at Lakehurst (towards the
shopping center) and find a place to park.

Please let us know if you plan to attend by either emailing
me (Rob Langsdorf) at <mctrob at yahoo.com> or phoning me at
(858) 459-1726, so we will be sure to have enough plates,
etc. It will be great to see many of you again.

Rob