[pct-l] Do all feet swell?

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Nov 22 07:55:35 CST 2007

Just wear Bite hiking sandals and you will not have to worry about blisters
or swelling issues.  Very nice.  Get the kind with the large toe
protectors/bumpers.

I glue/Velcro in some SuperFeet foot beds into the sandals for extra  comfort
and support.  Works great.

The only thing about hiking sandals is that you have to wash your socks and
feet daily, but that is not a big deal.  One of the cool things to do when
you come to a stream and everyone are taking a break and taking off their hiking
 boots is to just walk on through without stopping.  Like the stream is  not
even there.  Ha, ha, ha, ha.  Everyone just looks at you as you  plow through
and head up the trail.  I did that on Section A a few years  ago.

Up in Yosemite and Lyle Canyon about 4 years ago I was solo on the  PCT/JMT.
A big snow storm caught me out on the trail (clear one day and  TOTAL snow
coverage the next and lots more coming down).  I just put on my  Gortex socks
and fought my way out with hiking sandals.  No big deal for an  experienced
mountainman - Norman Clyde like.  :-)

Cheers, Switchback