[pct-l] Resupply packages at Timberline Day Lodge

g l gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 19 11:28:13 CST 2007

Yep!  I believe it was the 205.  But I was standing up, clean, not asking for money, neatly dressed, carrying a new (ish) backpack, which was also clean(ish), holding a sign that said "SALEM" and am a MIDDLE AGE FEMALE.  (Ok, old but whose counting....)  You'd think some big burly guy with a pickup would at least stop to find out what my deal was........Portland sux for hitch-hiking........you've been warned.....

Once it started raining I gave up and went into the McDonalds, got my money out of my ziplock,bought food and called my friends.  Wouldn't you know, the MINUTE I took off my backpack and sat down, I became a celebrity and everyone wanted to talk to the backpacker!!!  Now go figure...........I guess it was "Oh look!  She has enough money to buy food, so she must be alright!"  Gack!  (Yes Vera, I said it again!!)

Wheeew

ecpg at peoplepc.com wrote:       There are homeless soliciting money at almost every  freeway ramp all thru Portland. I swear they bus them there everyday and give  each of them a corner, and a sign and backpack. I wouldn't dream of stopping for  anyone on the I-205, which is probably where you were.

 "Sweet Goat Mama"
Carolyn Eddy
www.goattracksmagazine.com