[pct-l] Dog Help

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sat Nov 17 16:00:51 CST 2007

g l,
I have been following the hiking with dogs thread with amusement.
Everybody seems to have some valid points.
It reminds me of my first Mt. Whitney hike with my wife and our beloved
miniature Dachshund, Schatzy was her name, in 1968.
Schatzy was our little baby and we loved her with all our heart just, like I
sense, you love your little monster.
Schatzy was a superb athlete and loved to run but, with those short legs,
was so close to the ground that she would be completely covered with trail
dust and the black eyes and black nose were the only parts not covered with
dust.
Anyway, Schatzy  had a great time and we were not aware of any dog
restrictions at that time...but, that was once upon a time very long ago.
We have another long haired miniature Dachshund now, Mitzy is her name, and
I am interested in your dog carrier design.
Anyway, judging by your posts, it appears to me that you will put the
welfare of your furry friend above your own welfare and rather than HYOH you
will hike your hike to accommodate your furry friend.
Having said that, I believe your furry friend will be just fine and you and
your furry friend will have a good time enjoying each others company.

JMT Reinhold
Your lover of furry friends trail companion