[pct-l] 2008 Campaign Camera Recommendation

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Sat Nov 17 14:18:21 CST 2007

In a message dated 11/17/2007 12:46:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Hiker97 at aol.com writes:

It has a  rechargeable battery (over 200 pictures) and weighs under 5 ounces.
 This  should be good enough for 95% of backpackers.  This is a great camera
with great features.

Nice camera but, I don't like proprietary batteries and the need to have a
charger.  I used another Canon model that took 2 AA's.  Using lithium
batteries I got over 1000 pics per set.  It's a little bigger than the Elph  but the
A710IS has 6x optical zoom and auto or manual controls, along with a few  other
nice features.  .

Sly